Liminoid Magazine now publishes two issues per year: in the spring and in the fall.
Liminoid Magazine publishes two issues per year, in addition to regular dispatches in between. We accept submissions on a rolling basis.
Starting with our second issue of 2018 (which will go live at the end of the year) we will be announcing a theme for each issue.
We will do our best to respond to submissions within eight weeks.
We ask for the following rights if your work is selected for publication:
1. First North American Serial Rights
2. Electronic Rights
3. Archival Rights – all issues will be live on the website in our archive indefinitely.
All copyright reverts to the original author after publication.
Submission Guidelines: Fiction
1. Fiction must be at least 500 words long, but no longer than 10,000 words. Do not submit more than one piece at a time.
2. Please email your submission as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Your subject line should read: “SUBMISSION: Title”. Submission emails with any other subject line will be deleted unread.
4. Keep it simple: your attachment should be a .doc or .docx file.
5. Only submit one piece at a time. Do not submit another piece until you have received a response for the first.
6. Include a brief bio in the body of your email, if you like.
7. We feel strongly about paying our contributors, and at this time we are offering modest compensation – $20/piece – to contributors whose work we publish.
8. We do accept simultaneous submissions, but we ask that you let us know in your email. We also ask that you reply to your initial submission email if you need to let us know you're withdrawing your submission--it helps us keep our records straight.
9. Submitting is free! There is no submission or reading fee.
Have a title you’d like to recommend for review? Email email@example.com with “BOOK REVIEW” in the subject line.
See our Book Reviews page for more information.
The prose guidelines apply here, with one difference: Feel free to send up to five poems in one submission.
If you are interested in submitting a novel excerpt, please send us the excerpt attached to an email with "NOVEL EXCERPT" in the subject line.
If you have essays, reviews, artwork, or creations in formats the world has not yet seen that you think we'd be interested in, send your pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "PITCH: Format/Title."
We get a lot of emails. Help us not lose yours in the inbox abyss by adhering to the subject line format above.